Thursday, 3 August 2017

Dr Murat Shamsiya from Mongolia

“I am thankful for the opportunity that I got to pursue my pediatric fellowship at LVPEI. It has been a great learning experience. Pediatric congenital cataract is a big problem in my country and no good quality eye care is available. In the hospital where I work in my hometown in Mongolia, we have a new phaco machine and the latest instruments for cataract surgeries. With the experience that I have gained, I am confident I will now be able to treat all kinds of pediatric cataract cases. I also had the opportunity to witness interesting squint cases and advanced surgical interventions. Dr Subhadra Jalali and Dr Tapas Ranjan Padhi taught me about the early identification and management of Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP) and I now look forward to treating ROP cases in my country. I would like to thank Dr Ramesh Kekunnaya, Dr Preeti Patil Chhablani, Dr Akshay Badakere, Dr Vivek Warkad and all the fellows, optometrists, nurses and pediatric team for teaching me and sharing their knowledge, skills and experiences with me.”

Murat Shamsiya
Pediatric Ophthalmologist, National Center for Maternal and Child Health
Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia


Shamsiya completed her fifteen-month pediatric fellowship at LVPEI in June 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment